El Dorado Seaside Suites is a five star luxury resort in Riveria Maya Mexico. I first came across this place when I was looking for a holiday to Mexico as part of my honeymoon back in 2016 and this place caught my eye. It has been voted as a romantic hotel by Forbes. Its offers a true luxury experience from the service to the restaurants to the rooms you can add little touches along the way to create the ultimate trip. I recently wen back to this hotel in December and the same service was given.
The rooms here are great – spacious, clean and have some spectacular views. I have visited here twice; the first time I was in a beachfront villa and it was amazing, overlooking the Beach BQQ (great as I can see when breakfast was ready). It had views of the sea and a stone’s throw away from the beach.
During my most recent stay I was in a premium junior suite, which was located towards the back of the resort on the 5th floor and so was closer to more of the amenities. We had a balcony bed and seats with incredible views of the sea as we were at a good height. The room comes with – a personal favourite of mine – robes and slippers, a Jacuzzi and a king size bed. It also comes with a minibar that is restocked once a day (the best thing about this is its completely free). The benefits of a premium room include your own concierge service and an exclusive pool area with a poolside waiter.
The housekeeping staff at this resort are so attentive. If you have any special requests or if it is your birthday, anniversary or a honeymoon you can be sure that they will make it special. I particularly loved the turndown service that they provide every night giving you fresh towels a mini chocolate on the side of the bed
There are as many as 10 Restaurants that you can choose from at El Dorado Seaside Suites. Here is a brief summary:
- Klay Talay- This is an Asian fusion restaurant and one of my personal favourites. Offering a wide variety of Sushi, Noodle or rice Dishes. Their décor is very authentic, full of trees and with a giant Buddha sculpture as the centrepiece of the restaurant. You have to book this place sometimes 5 days in advance, that’s how good it is!
- La Carreta: Head to this traditional-style à la carte for authentic Mexican dishes at dinnertimes. The menu stars tortilla soup, seafood ceviche, tacos and enchiladas, beef, chicken, and prawns. A tequila bar, La Cantina, is housed in the same building, specialising in flavoured tequilas that are made in-house. There are more than a dozen varieties, including coconut, chilli and coffee.
- Gourmet Pub. This little gem has a more Anglo-American style menu so get ready for traditional food like Fish & Chips, chicken and steak but with a little twist! The food here is incredible and is very much in keeping with the best gastro-pubs you have ever been to. They also have a nice way of letting you choose your deserts but I won’t spoil the surprise here for you!
- Beach BBQ – This was another favourite of mine and again is open for breakfast and lunch. The tables are set on the beach so you can listen to the sound of the waves and the birds singing whilst you eat. This is a buffet style, all you can eat and often has themed lunches on certain days. I would always get up and head to this place for my breakfast with my fresh fruit and yoghurt or if you prefer a hot breakfast there’s plenty of choice. They will even cook you eggs how you like them.
- Cullinarium Restaurant– This venue is open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and offers a wonderfully sophisticated menu. The restaurant itself has floor to ceiling windows and is surrounded by trees, making you feel like you’re dining in the jungle!
- Sandwicherie– A laid back breakfast buffet style venue and a great lunch spot that serves salad, burgers, hot dogs, wood-fired pizzas and burritos. I enjoyed having my lunch here and what’s better is that it’s right by the main bar so after we’d finished we could hop skip and jump over for a few drinks.
- Mia Casa – A Romantic A-la-Carte Italian Restaurant serving you beautiful Italian classics. The pasta dishes were particularly fantastic but overall the food was stunning and the deserts afterwards were delicious.
- Seaside Market – A welcoming, lavish food display featuring cooking stations for breakfast. Preparations range from imaginative salads, mouth-watering main dishes, irresistible home-baked bread, and patisserie to satisfy every palate. This restaurant offers a journey through the world’s different cuisines with an environment that reflects the passion of the chef.
- Arrecife Restaurant – This beachfront restaurant serves international cuisine at breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Gucamayas Bar– this is the main bar where most of the entertainment happens during both the day and night time. Activities include Bingo, Motown night, Towel Folding or Spanish language courses so there really is something for everyone! Also if you or your other half are missing home and you want to catch up with the football no worries they will have this on for you. But only the good teams haha! Whatever goes on here you will certainly not be bored.
Room service is complimentary and available 24-hours a day. The food was always freshly prepared and consistently amazing. There was a day where we had a thunderstorm so we decided to order a feast for lunch in the room. They offer soups, sandwiches, pizza, salads, burgers and some amazing deserts. I can personally recommend all this food pictured below (this was half the menu lol!).
Private Candlelit dinner for 2
These are served at private tables on the Sand with views of the sea watch the sunset with your gourmet meal.
Private Breakfast on the beach
You can have a private Breakfast high above the rest with incredible views, for an additional charge
Facilities around the hotel
This resort offers simply fantastic facilities and caters to all tastes. If you just want to chill by the pool or beach or take park in activates then you can do just that. At the beginning of every week they publish a fitness and entertainment program so that you can plan what you want to do and be sure that you don’t miss out on anything.
There are often themed evenings during the week. For example, every Wednesday they do a Mexican night where they celebrate all things wonderful about Mexico by hosting an authentic street-party style evening. One of the highlights for me was the mariachi show! Other theme nights include Myan, a Timeless dinner and a fire show! Some of these can cost a little bit extra if you really want to get the full experience but you do get a special meal and additional entertainment included.
The fitness program offers a range of activities from yoga on the beach to water polo to volleyball on the beach so don’t forget to bring some workout gear they also have two gyms on site. After all, you need to work off all the amazing food and drink if you want to keep beach-body ready!
If you’re looking at more water activities, snorkel or kayak, etc. there is a little shack by the beach where you will find either Roberto or Diego who will look after you. They also offer many different tours that you can book with them as an alternative to the tour operator. I booked a few with them and found that they offer something a little different to the main commercial tours. As an added bonus they also offer a free scuba diving lesson (in the main pool). This is great if you have never done it before and you want to give it ago or if you simply want a refresher.
A Day At Naay Spa
As soon as you enter the Naay Spa at El Dorado Seaside Suites you are immersed in beauty and tranquillity. The whole spa has been tailored to deliver complete relaxation. The gentle music and subtle aromas around the spa all help your stress melt away while you explore and relax in between treatments.
There is a good choice of packages and treatments on offer. We chose the “Naay Wellness Water Journey Package”, including a sky massage afterwards. This is a great way to experience it all in the spa. This “Journey” in total takes around 1hr 45 mins and is a great way to rejuvenate your body and mind.
Included with most packages is the hydrotherapy routine, which is the most revitalising sensation. Our package started off with a trip to the steam room that has a Eucalyptus aroma. Then we had a swim in the pool getting ready for the sensation pool and cool plunge pool. This is basically a very warm pool followed by a very cold pool but you simply walk down the steps (very quickly) into the cold pool. After that body shock was over we visited the sauna, which was very much appreciated.
Next was the experience shower, which changed to different colours and speeds with beautiful rainforest sounds in the background. It was amazing.
Ice room was crazy cold as you can imagine but it felt good being in there we grabbed handfuls of ice and rubbed over our bodies then was the bit I was excited about the clay room we rubbed clay over our bodies and then washed away when it started to get hard.
After this truly wonderful body experience we added on a relaxing sky body massage listening to the sound of the waves, the warm sun beaming down and feeling like you never want this to end. Bliss! That’s a good massage to me when you don’t want it to end but when it does you feel satisfied.
This is just one of the many packages they have to offer. See the link below to take you to their spa catalogue https://www.eldoradosparesorts.com/pdf/seaside/seaside-spa-catalogue-v2.pdf
Thankyou for reading and I hope I inspired you to visit here